Program Planning Tools
- Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General. This U.S. Surgeon General’s report was the first to focus on oral health provides an overview on effectiveness of sealants and public health strategies to provide sealants to children in community settings.
- Sealant Efficiency Assessment for Locals and States (SEALS) is a tool that states and communities can use to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of their school-based or school-linked sealant programs.
- Seal America: The Prevention Invention* is an online manual designed to assist health professionals initiate and implement a school-based dental sealant program.
- School-Based Dental Sealant Programs in Ohio. A five-part, distance-learning course provided to further understanding of the history, operations, and underlying principles of Ohio’s school-based dental sealant programs.
- CDC Expert Workgroup on School-Based Dental Sealant Programs. Members of the CDC-sponsored expert workgroup.